Thursday, May 29, 2014

Head shot: AGU Journal Editor

One of our journal editors needed a more professional head shot, so I snapped him during a break in meetings while he was in town a few weeks ago. We did this in our conference room. He stood next to the long table and I craned awkwardly over an end table. It was kind of weird, but it worked.

Photo by Mary Catherine Adams for the American Geophysical Union (AGU) 

I think I would rather shoot against a darker background next time. The biggest struggle in our office, though, is finding a space with good light. We have either cavernous conference rooms and dark hallway corners, or well-lit conference rooms with white walls. I could have taken him outside but I thought I could control the light better if I at least knew which window I was going to stick him next to.

No comments:

Post a Comment